SPONSORED ARTICLE FROM INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP (IHG)
When you’re booking accommodation, meetings and events for your clients, you’re often working tirelessly behind the scenes to get things up and running. It can be a hugely satisfying yet sometimes thankless job. Which is why IHG set up their Business Rewards loyalty programme in 2015. That way, they can thank bookers by rewarding them whenever they book at a participating IHG hotel such as Holiday Inn®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & resorts or InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts.
“Bookers are often the unsung heroes of a successful event. They could be arranging a business trip for a client or team accommodation. There’s a lot of hard work that goes into all this. So as soon as a hotel room is reserved, meeting room booked or event organised, we want to say thank you. And this is our way of doing it,” says Ruth Finnis, IHG Director Guest and Loyalty Marketing, Europe.
Giving bookers something back
Indeed, the way IHG® Business Rewards works is simple. Every time you book, you earn points. And these are points that bookers can convert into rewards that they spend on themselves – not just the company they work for.
Once you’ve joined it’s easy to watch the points pile up. “No booking is too small so there is no minimum qualifying threshold,” says Ruth. “This means that bookers can be rewarded for everything they do – no matter the size of the business. It could be one night or a large conference.”
And points can be turned into prizes…
When it’s time to spend those hard-earned points, bookers have so much to choose from: Rewards Nights, unique events and experiences, retail and restaurant vouchers, digital rewards, merchandise and entertainment, charitable donations and much more. “There are thousands of items in our catalogue,” explains Ruth, “so we know there’s something to suit everyone. Whether you want to opt for something practical for the home, or treat yourself to a night away, it’s all there. Plus you don’t need to earn lots of points before you start rewarding yourself – just a few can be redeemed for something really great.”
The tables below outline some of the other advantages that members can enjoy.
Earn for booking with us on behalf of others:
• 3 points for every $1 USD spent on qualified guest rooms, meeting space and food and beverage.
• Priority access to exclusive member offers.
• Rewards for being a booker and a stayer. So you earn points when you book guest rooms or meetings on behalf ofothers (IHG® Business Rewards) or personal stays for yourself (IHG® Rewards Club).
• Access to a worldwide network of participating IHG® hotels.
Earn for personally staying with us:
• 10 points for every $1 USD spent on qualifying revenue at any IHG® hotel**.
• No cap on the number of points you can earn.
• Free Internet worldwide at IHG properties.
• Access to Your Rate - a special rate that’s just for members
• Points that you can earn, track and redeem for rewarding experiences
• Personalised rewards and offers to help you make the most of every stay
• Rewards nights with no black-out dates
According to Ruth, IHG® Business Rewards has already been a huge success. “Bookers get to earn points that they can spend on themselves,” she says, “and they know we’ll work hard to give them and their clients the best service we can. Plus, we get to say a huge thank you to them in return.”
To join or find out more, visit IHG.com/businessrewards