The Business Travel Show is Europe’s leading exhibition and conference for the corporate travel market and is the perfect place for buyers to source new suppliers, update their market knowledge and network with their peers.
Here are 10 reasons why you should attend the conference on February 4-5 at Earls Court in London.
1) The latest innovations in booking travel - more than 200 business travel suppliers, from Virgin Atlantic and Hilton, to Eurostar and Sixt Rent a Car, will be on hand to showcase the brightest innovations on business travel.
2) How the year ahead may affect travel pricing – the annual Forecasting Forum is one of the most popular conference sessions at the Business Travel Show, and for good reason. With expert forecasts on travel prices throughout 2014, this session helps buyers keep their finger on the pulse and their costs in check.
3) The five biggest issues affecting business travel in 2014 – find out why NDC (the new distribution capability), Travel Management 2.0, data, sustainability and meetings management are five of the biggest issues affecting business travel and how they will affect buyers and their company in 2014 with key sessions in the conference programme.
4) How to negotiate with suppliers to get a better deal – for newcomers to buying business travel, the Fundamentals of Travel Management conference sessions show how to make budgets work harder and smarter. Other fundamental sessions tackle issues such as policy and compliance, choosing a TMC, data, engaging with stakeholders, corporate payments and online booking.
5) The best hotel providers from across the globe – featuring leading global and local hotel providers including IHG, Marriott, Best Western and Melia Hotels International, as well as the all new International Hotel Village, the Business Travel Show is a valuable reference point for overseas accommodation inspiration. Also, don’t miss the ASAP Serviced Apartment Pavilion to discover a wide range of serviced apartment providers.
6) The importance of CSR – sustainability, traveller security and duty of care are topics that have been bandied about for years in connection within the corporate travel industry but that doesn’t make them any less relevant today. The Business Travel Show launches the new Responsible Travel Management (RTM) zone this year in association with Project ICARUS. It showcases a comprehensive line up of products and services from suppliers as well as a series of case studies, presentations and masterclasses.
7) Practical tips and tricks from fellow travel buyers – more than 6,000 travel professionals attend the Business Travel Show, many senior buyers with global remits and budgets in the millions. That’s a lot of expertise and experience to share and benefit from making a real difference to the way you buy travel in the future.
8) How to use technology to keep your travellers within policy – technology is cited as the single biggest influencer on business travel over the last 20 years and buyers can discover more in the Business Travel Show Technology Showcase, which is home to exhibitors including Dataflexnet/Raileasy4business, Navitas, Cendyn Arcaneo, Spendvision, KDS and Lanyon. The Business Travel Show also runs a series of dedicated tech sessions:
- Mobile Technology – friend or foe for your travel programme?
- Rethinking data sourcing and aggregation
- People versus process – what works best for travel policy compliance?
- Enabling Travel & expenses but can also be used to mean Travel & entertainment (especially in the US) nirvana with future proof technology
9) Three shows in one – the Business Travel Show runs alongside Travel Technology Europe and Hospitality Technology Europe and a visitor pass gives buyers access to all three shows.
10) It’s 20 years old – the Business Travel Show celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2014 and there will be many a chance for visitors to join in the celebrations with them, starting with the Cellars in the Sky wine tastings hosted by us at Buying Business Travel and our colleagues at Business Traveller.
Registration is open now at www.businesstravelshow.com. Pre-registering guarantees fast track entry and qualifies visitors for a free Intelligence Report – The 20 Years That Changed the Face of Business Travel.