MICE cruise specialist Landy & Kling lists 10 top cruise-event choices for planners…
1. Incentive cruises Group or individual cruises can be used as a motivation tool for employees.
2. Customer appreciation and employee recognition Cruising provides a productive setting in which to generate future business opportunities together.
3. Business meetings Innovate by choosing a cruise for your annual meeting, board meeting or sales conference.
4. Conventions and trade shows With capacity for up to 5,000 people, a ship is a convenient, self-contained venue that can help increase attendance and control cost.
5. Continuing education, association conference Programmes for medical, legal and other professions can successfully use a cruise if the right ship and destination are selected.
6. Executive retreats If your company is looking for a change of scene, a cruise delivers the results at multiple budget levels.
7. Consumer incentives Use this to give sales a competitive edge.
8. Fundraisers Organisations can motivate donations through travel programmes that earmark a portion of the cruise price for a worthy cause.
9. Full-ship charters For the ultimate cruise experience, charter a vessel for your organisation’s exclusive use.
10. Dockside charters or ‘floating hotels’ If there’s a shortage of hotel space for a citywide convention or global event in a port city, consider a dockside charter to accommodate the overflow.
Read the full feature on holdings meetings at sea
Click on the tag below for more tips & advice articles