Business Development Manager
Salary band: £30k – £40k
Our client is a Travel Management Company (TMC) within the Travel Industry. This Travel Management Company (Travel Management Company: An agency which manages business travel for a company.) is looking for a Strong Sales Professional (Business Development Manager) to represent the Business Travel Management Company. The ideal Business Development Manager will be a self-motivated, target driven and an ambitious individual who has a passion for the success and travel.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are:
- Develop profitable new business by effective territory management, including cold calling, generating leads, database search, client networking and referrals
- Develop journey planning/schedules to ensure clients are managed effectively
- Prepare reports and provide feedback to Senior Company Management
- Provide analysis of Business Travel trends, and competitor analysis
- Analyse prospect clients management information to determine prospects profitability potential
- Identify and attend client specific exhibitions and other promotional and networking events
The skills required for the Business Development Manager are as follows:
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a demonstrable sales ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with personable and professional presence and ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to deliver short term results whilst building the strategic long term objectives.
- Demonstrable energy, self-motivation and personal discipline
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong face to face negotiation skills
- Ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager currently working in the Education sector to work for an excellent Independent Business Travel Organisation in a fast paced industry.