American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com/businesstravel.
- Booking of air, rail, hotel, car and other services related to a business trip including the understanding of Fare notes and rebooking
- Providing proactive consulting to ensure that the best “logical” price suitable for the trip, traveller and corporation has been obtained
- Creating a compelling experience within each customer contact that produces a highly satisfied customer and ensures single contact resolution
- Ensuring customers’ needs and special contracts/deals between clients & suppliers are utilized
- Acting according to GBT processes, i.e. offering our preferred suppliers
- Taking care of quality & feedback
- Observing standards/guidelines
- Ability to work in a goal oriented service environment
- Principal Accountabilities
Focus on the customer and client / American Express GBT knowledge and commitment
- Responds positively to customers by making reservations for business travellers accurately and efficiently, aiming to complete the transaction at the point of sale. Completes any service requests and sells related products such as car hire and hotels. Ensure customer traveller profiles and details are accurate. Makes the customer aware of their company travel policy, and communicates this to ensure adherence. Completes after call work, finalizing the traveller’s itinerary.
- Provides advice on visa, passport and security requirements relating to the destination and confirms the issuing details for each reservation.
- Develops a solid understanding of the corporate travel marketplace, and the key drivers for our customers.
- Have completed all cultural training for their customers where applicable, advises new recruits on customer specific processes.
- Actively promotes the importance of GBT preferred supplier program. Can recite current preferred supplier program and embargoed suppliers.
Drives Improvements and Solutions / Drives results
- Makes recommendations for improvement to processes, technical of otherwise, to ensure maximum quality and efficiency. Flags issues for resolution to team leader.
Builds and Leverages relationships
- Teach and Collaborate with colleague to help them achieve their goals, monitors colleague quality of work by regular PNR checks.
Demonstrates Personal excellence
- Undertakes self-development and training to enhance skills to ensure achievement of both personal and business goals.
- Must have Business Travel Experience and experience using Galileo GDS skills.