IHG has unveiled the first UK Holiday Inn Express properties to feature its next-generation hotel concept.
The new design – which was “modelled entirely on guest insight” – has now been implemented at the following hotels:
- new-build Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
- refurbished Holiday Inn Express London – Park Royal
- refurbished Holiday Inn Express London – Ealing
- refurbished Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth – North
Among the in-room changes are:
- Smart TVs allowing guests to stream from personal devices of log in to apps such as Netflix
- A larger bed with “noise-reducing headboard which takes inspiration from a business class aeroplane seat”
- The removal of the traditional work desk in favour of an “ergonomically designed multi-use chair and table that can be moved around the room”
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer housed behind a full length mirror
- Guests can now choose their room subject to availability, with tablets displaying location relative to hotel amenities, stairs, lifts and emergency exit
The new Express Café and Bar concept offers quickly prepared, tasty “pit-stop” food, with the option of a takeaway breakfast bag.
IHG is rolling out the next-generation design across Europe, both in new-build hotels and those undergoing renovation.
The aim is for at least one in every four of the brand’s European properties to feature the new concept within the next three years.