Sign up to newsletter

Magazine subscription

BBT July/August 2018
July/August 2018
For Business, Corporate Travel & Meeting Buyers & Arrangers

Travelport announces exclusive hotel rates

Travelport Smartpoint

Travel commerce platform Travelport announced today (September 21) that it has negotiated exclusive, corporate-friendly rates with 1,000 hotels in 48 countries.

These rates have been negotiated by Travelport with its initial group of hotel partners, which it says will benefit agencies without negotiating power to access lower prices.

Sales under the new programme can be accessed via the Travelport Smartpoint platform and are displayed directly in the agent workflow. The first group of partner properties focuses on prime business travel locations and include four and five-star hotels in Europe, Asia, the US, Africa and Latin America.

Travelport says rates accessed through the programme tend to be less expensive and include other bonus elements, such as included breakfast or better cancellation terms, 80 per cent of the time, while the other 20 per cent offer enhanced agency commission or other traveller benefits.

Add new comment