A new online passport renewal service has been introduced by the UK Home Office.
Following a successful pilot in 2016, the new service enables people to upload a digital photo and enable renewal within 10 minutes.
Passport applicants who meet the following criteria will be directed to the service when they choose to apply online:
- age 26 or over residing in the UK
- do not hold dual nationality
- are in possession of their current passport (not damaged, lost or stolen)
- will not be making any changes to their name
- the passport that is being renewed expired after 2012
Immigration Minister Robert Goodwill, said: “This latest offering is a key part of the Home Office’s drive to transform the way we deliver our services through digitisation. It is designed to improve efficiency and convenience by providing a modern and secure service to millions of passport holders and applicants.”