Liverpool John Lennon airport has announced a change to the structure of its ownership.

The Peel Group, which previously held a 35 per cent shareholding in Vantage Airports UK, the current owners of JLA, has reached an agreement to acquire the remaining 65 per cent stake in the business from Vantage Airport Group.

The change of ownership is effective immediately and Peel will now become the sole owner of the Airport Company.

Peel Group said in a statement that by investing in JLA the business can be “taken to the next level”.

Matthew Thomas, CEO of JLA said: “The Airport is a key project in Peel’s Ocean Gateway programme, which will see £50 billion of investment in the North West.

“As part of one of the region’s largest and most successful organisations, the Airport now enters an exciting period in its development as we work with partners across the City Region to grow services and passenger numbers.”

Vantage said it is selling its stake to “focus on projects that position the company for growth in north America and other markets.

Subscribe to the BBT Newsletter

Join the Buying Business Travel newsletter for the latest business travel news.

Thank you for signing up!