Low-cost carrier Easyjet has announced it will run its Fearless Flying course across the UK in the coming weeks, offering help to those who are nervous about aircraft travel.
The course, which has had more than 8,000 people so far, is divided into two parts – a three-hour ground session delivered by phobia expert Lawrence Leyton (pictured) and a senior Easyjet captain that explains the unfamiliar sounds and sensations passengers feel on board an aircraft and teaches them a set of mind techniques to manage their nerves, followed by a special one-hour experience flight from a local airport where flyers can put the skills they’ve learned to the test.
Courses will take place on the following dates and locations:
- Liverpool airport – Saturday, 11 May 2019 for the ground session and Sunday, 12 May for the special experience flight
- Belfast airport – Saturday, 18 May for both the ground and flight sessions
- Luton – Wednesday, 22 May for both sessions
- Gatwick – Saturday, 25 May for the ground session and Sunday, 26 May for the flight
- Manchester – Saturday, 26 October (ground session) and Sunday, 27 October (flight)
- Bristol – Saturday, 2 November (ground) and Sunday, 3 November (flight)
- Newcastle – Saturday, 9 November for both ground and flight sessions
- Edinburgh – Saturday, 16 November for both sessions
- Birmingham – Saturday, 23 November (ground) and Sunday, 24 November (flight)
Ali Gayward, UK country manager for Easyjet, commented: “We’re looking forward to running our Fearless Flyer courses across the UK in the coming months. The course is suitable for all levels of nervousness – from those who experience general anxiety to those who are first-time flyers – and with a success rate of more than 95 per cent we would encourage those wishing to overcome their fear to take part.”
Mark Wein, director of FOF Events, which organises the courses, added: “Around one in six people have a fear of flying, stopping many people from travelling abroad on holiday, visiting friends and family, or even flying for work. We’re really excited to help those coming on our courses to overcome their fears – we achieve fantastic results and it can be life-changing for many.”
Places for the courses can be booked at fearlessflyer.easyjet.com