The Guild of Travel Management Companies - now the Business Travel Association, the major UK-based association representing TMCs has announced the five start-ups that will battle it out in the Entrepreneurs in Business Travel Award at the upcoming Overseas Conference in The Netherlands.
Marking the return of the award after its launch at the 2018 event, this year’s Dragon’s Den-style pitches will take place during the conference, which takes place from 30 June to 2 July at the Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin in the seaside town of Noordwijk.
This year’s companies include:
- Caravelo – the company’s Nina white label solution enables TMCs to transact and support travellers through corporate chat channels.
- Lumo – predicts flight delays hours, days and weeks before departure while providing alternative itineraries and is easily integrated into TMCs’ own technologies.
- Your Parking Space – an online parking marketplace where travellers can book more than 350,000 spaces.
- Ruuby – a London-based beauty concierge that offers five-star services to private clients, corporates and hotel groups, with treatments delivered to offices, conferences, events and hotels.
- Wizme – a venue-booking platform that connects TMCs, corporates, venues and suppliers.
Guild of Travel Management Companies - now the Business Travel Association, the major UK-based association representing TMCs CEO Adrian Parkes commented: “I am excited to see the Entrepreneurs in Business Travel Award return to our Overseas Conference in Noordwijk. Last year proved there is an incredible pool of innovation and entrepreneurship with application to the sector and this year’s finalists certainly reinforce that. It’s important to the business travel industry to have access to these new products and services and we’re proud to give these entrepreneurial business leaders the platform they need to introduce their products to the business travel industry.”
The winner of the award will be chosen by delegates attending the Overseas Conference and will benefit from access to the GTMC’s partnership programme for 12 months. This gives them exposure to and support from the organisation’s Travel Management Company: An agency which manages business travel for a company. members and industry partners.
The speaker line-up for the Overseas Conference includes a keynote from Travelport’s chief architect Mike Croucher, along with political commentator Steve Richards and senior Natwest economist Nicholas Stamenkovich.
Full details of the event can be found at gtmc.org/gtmc-overseas-conference-2019